Monday, October 13, 2008

#47 to be complete May 3, 2009

I'm so excited to tell you all that I took a huge step yesterday. I committed myself to complete a Half Ironman Triathalon for Team In Training on May 3, 2009 in St. Croix.

Team In Training is an organization with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in an effort to raise money for blood cancer research. I signed up to join a team of individuals and help support a great cause all while training and competing in a triathalon. I'm so glad I chose to do this. I will have a great support system, including a coach, a mentor, and training partners who have all had the same experiences that I will have. I also know that I'll have a great support system from all my friends and family!

My training begins November 1st. And for those of you who aren't quite sure what a Half Ironman means--it is literally half the distance of a full Ironman. I will be swimming 1.2 miles, biking 56 miles, and then running 13 miles (a half-marathon).

Please visit my Team In Training website http://pages.teamintraining.org/ntx/StCroTri09/rflaming. Help support me in my race, but more importantly help support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in finding a cure!

No comments: