Friday, October 24, 2008

A Loaded Gun

Yes, that's right everyone...I shot a loaded gun. This has always been a small fear of mine, but I knew I had to try it.


I had pretty darn good form...



I have been taking this class with the local police department, Citizen Police Academy, in an effort to figure out what I want to do with my degree. I've learned so much about their department and all the different things I could potentially do. Last Saturday our class went to the gun range. Everyone had the opportunity to shoot a pistol and shotgun...I did both. There was no way I was backing out.


First we started with the .357 glock. I loaded the magazine and released the slide myself. I had 10 bullets and here is what I did...





Police officers are taught to shoot: two in the chest - one in the head. So, I decided I'd try that out. Not bad, huh? Then I just started shooting at the chest.


Now, if you can see it well enough, you will only count 9 bullet holes. That 10th one was my first shot & I got him in the groin...tricky little sucker!


Here's the shotgun, a 12 gauge. I only got one shot & I didn't get a picture of the target, but it went into the chest. You trust me, right?





Now I can cross #90 off my list!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang! You go, girl. :) You look like an expert!!