Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Updates, Updates, and more Updates

I have a ton of things to update you all on. For now I will just let you know what I've completed from my 101 in the last 3 months. Here goes:


#19 Visit friends in California
This was a bittersweet trip as we had other obligations while we were there, but it was great to see everyone and it was nice to be able to relax a bit with them.


#46 Run a 5k
I ran in the annual Dallas Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day. It was a huge event, as there were close to 40,000 people there. I hope to do this every year, it was a great experience!


#52 Run 1001 miles
I thought this was going to be hard, but now after training for a triathlon it'll be a breeze! I'm already at 204 miles!


#56 Make a fancy cake for a family member's birthday (like Ace of Cakes)


This is probably the closest I'll come to doing such a fancy cake. My sister asked me to help her make my niece's birthday cake for her Farm party. Taylor kept calling it her "Babe cake" because she LOVES Babe (the pig movie)! Even though I had help, I'm still going to count it. I'd like to try to do another cake someday as well, but I think that this is more than enough to complete my goal.


#76 Go to 4 non-sport entertainment events
I just completed 1 out of the 4. I found out that one of my favorite bands, The Fray, was going to be in Dallas at the House of Blues. It's a very small venue, more like a bar than a concert hall. The show was sold out but I looked on craigslist & scored tickets 2 days before the show! I asked my friend Laura to go with me & she was excited that I asked. The band that opened for them was called Vedera. I was really impressed with them. I had never heard of them before, but I liked them so much I just bought some songs on iTunes. I also just pre-ordered The Fray's new album that comes out on Feb 3rd!

We got there and found a really good spot, I could have touched the stage I was so close! And, luckily, I picked the side of the stage that Joe King was on...he's my favorite member of the band, the guitar player & back up singer. It was an awesome concert! They are amazing live!

Here's Joe :)


The lead singer plays the piano for most of the songs, so here are the best pictures I could get of the entire band.


Here is Laura & I



#86 Buy a bike
I am now a proud owner of a beautiful Cannondale road bike! It was quite the journey in finding the right bike, but I finally found a perfect fit! I'll try to get pictures soon.

#93 Subscribe to Home Decor magazine

Steve's mom got me a subscription for Christmas! I am now receiving monthly issues of HouseBeautiful!





Stay tuned...I have lots more to share!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey girl. Isn't it about time for another update?! :) How is the training going? When is your triathlon? Good luck!