Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Slow but Steady

I've already started many things on my list, as you can see. These are more long term items that I've been working on since day one. So, I've kept busy with reading, watching movies, and running. But more on that another day.


#72 - Going Green!


Doing things to help our environment is very important to me. It seems to be very popular these days, but still so many ignore their hazardous lifestyles.


I want to find several things in my life that I can change in order to benefit the next generation. The first step is to get rid of all those water bottles! Did you know that the average American uses 167 water bottles a year? And more times than not those bottles aren't recycled. I'll admit I've thrown away hundreds of water bottles in my life. Well...not anymore!


We have bought ourselves a Pur water filter pitcher! All we do is fill it up each time we use it & stick it back in the refrigerator. The pitcher we decided on also has a fruit flavoring injector. You can choose from several different flavors (raspberry, lemon, etc) and with the push of a button while you're pouring, you are left with a hint of flavor in your water!



Now when we go to the gym, we have our refillable water bottles filled with nice cold water and we have a little pride in our step knowing we've helped out our planet. We hope this blog will inspire many of you to do the same!

No comments: